Re: repeated texi2dvi runs

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: repeated texi2dvi runs
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 13:26:33 +0200

Graham Percival schreef:
I can currently produce a pdf of the lilypond docs by running "make web" two or three times, deleting lilypond.dvi (and .pdf) in between. Sometimes it produces a lilypond.dvi without any table of contents or index entries; the second or third time everything works beautifully. In both cases, there are a whole bunch of error messages in the log file. I'm not certain if they're serious or not, but since the build

Yes, they're serious: the build should always complete in one go, otherwise out automated build system will get confused.

Major changes (that I think are relevant) from last week:
@cindex @code{\command}  globally replaced with  @funindex

Added to  macros.itexi:
@macro funindex {WORD}
@findex \WORD\
@kindex \WORD\
@end macro

Added to stepmake/stepmake/texinfo-rules.make:
texi2dvi -E ...
(as a method of making a small text file work, proposed by Karl Berry)

All these changes are in current CVS in the hopes that somebody else could look at them. If nobody can figure it out, I'll revert the whole mess.

I would rather have the mess in CVS reverted first, and then see a complete fix being put in. This time it doesn't make a difference (because I won't do a release today), but ideally, I don't want to be delayed by half a day with making a release, because I have to debug an obscure documentation problem first.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com