Re: repeated texi2dvi runs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: repeated texi2dvi runs
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:47:05 -0700

On 23-May-06, at 4:26 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Graham Percival schreef:
I can currently produce a pdf of the lilypond docs by running "make web" two or three times, deleting lilypond.dvi (and .pdf) in between. Sometimes it produces a lilypond.dvi without any table of contents or index entries; the second or third time everything works beautifully. In both cases, there are a whole bunch of error messages in the log file. I'm not certain if they're serious or not, but since the build

Yes, they're serious: the build should always complete in one go, otherwise out automated build system will get confused.

Fixed now.

It turned out that texi2dvi -E  was confused by
@address@hidden

Since this has been in the docs for at least two years, I wasn't expecting any problems from it -- I was hunting around in the macros and the new indices and stuff.