Re: skyline vertical spacing

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: skyline vertical spacing
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:21:12 +0100

Joe Neeman escreveu:

If there are any references about skylines around, I'd be interested in seeing them; I just made things up as I went. Your suggestion (which

There is one thing: you base the structure on lists, which makes for easy merging, but is relatively expensive if you do lots of point queries (ie. how high is the skyline at point X). I'm not sure if it is an issue, and things are definitely better than the previous version, of course. It should be possible to use a (binary) tree, with the X position of each event as a sort-key.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com