Re: skyline vertical spacing

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: skyline vertical spacing
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:31:12 +0200

On 11/21/06, Erik Sandberg <address@hidden > wrote:
My main concern with pure max-slope is that it may not produce good results
near tower-roofs. E.g., max-slope = 2 means that (min horizontal distance) is
0.5 * (min vertical distance) near rooftops; we may want to tune that 0.5
constant without affecting the max-slope.

Would it be enough just to extend the flat part of the roof horizontally? The maximum Euclidean distance between (extended flat line + slope) and (flat line + circular corners + slope) is not really so big. Even when max-slope = \infty, it's only the square root of the radius of the curve.