urgent: layout of first page

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: urgent: layout of first page
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:30:17 +0100 (CET)

Currently, the title block of a score is still handled as a separate
system instead of being attached to the topmost stave.  I consider
this as a severe design error; for example, it makes
`ragged-bottom=##f' produce very ugly results in case the systems are
vertically large.

Well, we have to live with it.  Independently of this, I think it is
another error that `head-separation' and `page-top-space' are applied
on the first page if a title is present.

To circumvent this I would like to say

  page-top-space =
    #(if (not-first-page)
          (* 12 mm)
        0)

within the \header block, however, it doesn't work.  Can someone
please help me quickly by providing an equivalent to the
`not-first-page' function which works in the \header block?

    Werner