Re: No fonts found (versions 2.10.23 and above on OSX)

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: No fonts found (versions 2.10.23 and above on OSX)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 19:54:41 -0400

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

John Ferguson wrote:

I got the binary from the lilypond.org site
(http://lilypond.org/web/install/).
I just clicked on the intel download icon.

I think the last version I used before 2.10.23
was about version 2.10.17.
Current version I am running is 2.11.26.

This happens for the example file lilypond
shows on startup as well as my own .ly files that successfully
compiled into pdfs with previous versions.

I'll try to have a look this week.

What puzzles me is that you're the only one reporting problems.

Is anyone else seeing problems on MacOS X?

Sorry… I had the same problem, but didn't bother reporting it. (I'd had the same one before, and ISTM that fontconfig is pretty flaky on OS X anyway.) I got the bug after upgrading from 2.10.15 (I think) to 2.10.25; both were the binary from the LilyPond site. As Graham suggested, moving .fontconfig and .fonts.cache fixed the problem.

Benjamin D. Esham
address@hidden  |  AIM: bdesham128  |  Jabber: same as e-mail
“It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness,
nothing more.”                         — Albus Dumbledore in HBP