RE: GPD: official shortest note in lilypond

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: RE: GPD: official shortest note in lilypond
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 05:07:39 -0700

I don't have an axe to grind here, as I've never used anything smaller
than a 32nd in music I've worked with.

I did notice, however, when I looked at the Plaine and Easie format
specification, <http://www.iaml.info/files/plaine_easie_code.pdf> I
noticed that P&E supports up to a 128th note,  I also noticed that there
is no "name" for a 128th note; a 64th is a hemidemisemiquaver.

The lack of a name for a 128th note would indicate that a 64th is a
reasonable smallest note.  The presence of a 128th note in P&E syntax
might indicate that a 128th note is a reasonable smallest note.

The P&E format also clearly shows that the glyphs for flags are not
simply stacked to get smaller notes.

Carl Sorensen