Re: GPD: official shortest note in lilypond

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GPD: official shortest note in lilypond
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 02:03:40 +0100 (CET)

> Please, please just don't get rid of the *beamed* 128ths and 256ths;
> I use them both all the time.

This is something you should get punished for :-)

A longer time ago we performed the excellent opera `Luci mie
traditrici' from Salvatore Sciarrino which uses 32nd-tuplets all the
time.  The score would have been much easier to read if he had used
16nd-tuplets instead...

As a composer by myself, it's a mystery to me why so many composers
love to use 128th and 256th, most time for no good reason.

    Werner