Re: GDP: spaces around \override Context . PropertyName

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: spaces around \override Context . PropertyName
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 14:45:49 -0800

Rune Zedeler wrote:
Sorry you totally lost me in this thread.
Afaics the previous post was the first in this thread and it was clearly a reply to some correspondance between Trevor and Graham. I could not find this correspondance. Please when changing subject, add a "was" statement in the subject line :-(

Which problem is that you are trying to solve?

The problem is that
\override Context.PropertyName #'foo = #2

doesn't work in lyrics; there must be a space around the "." Taking Mats' email into consideration, we have to pick between two confusing things to explain to new users. Either 1) Overrides in lyrics -- and only in lyrics, not in notes or chords or whatever -- must have this extra space, or 2) We add extra spaces everywhere and explain that there's really a dot inside the space.

I admit that I hadn't thought of the "not noticing the dot" problem.