RE: GDP: spaces around \override Context . PropertyName

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: GDP: spaces around \override Context . PropertyName
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:14:08 -0000

Graham Percival wrote on 03 December 2007 05:01

> Valentin Villenave wrote:
> > P.S. isn't there really any possibility to make
> the foo.Bar syntax
> > work in lyricmode? that would solve the problem
> for good, wouldn't it?

Absolutely!

> > But I guess there isn't...
>
> We want to display lyrics for
>       BLAH BLAH amen.
> correct?
>
>  From there, it seems obvious that we should
> display lyrics for
>       BLAH foo.bar BLAH
>
> And that leads naturally into displaying lyrics for
>       \override Voice.TextScript #'padding

Not really.  We also want to have the syllable Voice
displayed in lyrics too, and in the proper place it
is, but, after \override, Voice is recognised as a
token.  So it is clearly possible in principle
to recognise Voice.TextScript as context.grobname too.
It is simply that the parser has not been written to
do so.

> I think that if we highlight this info inside a
> @warning{}, it'll be
> fairly clear.  It ties in nicely with the warning
> about { BLAH amen}
> anyway.

I've already linked the two in the LM, and I'm happy
to highlight them in a warning too.