Re: Does anybody use x11-color ?

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Does anybody use x11-color ?
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:56:27 +0200

Graham Percival schrieb:
Yes. The new preferred way to get new material in the docs is to start off with a snippet in LSR. Once that's been approved, we can link to this in the Snippets section. From there, we might include the lilypond code directly.

This is a new way of doing things; LSR has only really been ready for this for a week or two.
Ok, I'll try my best. Guess this has to be done via http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it. I will think about the snippet and try my best. Does anybody know how to fill background with colour? I tried the box, but it wouldn't fill the background but only the line of the box.

Please have a look at the lilypond example I created using direct post script commands. It is an ugly hack, I suppose, but might illustrate what I am after. If you now think it is for LSR I will gladly add it there. This example is only a draft, so I will make it better looking and complete the other colours.

I would like a proper lilypond file (no postscript). That doesn't have to involve notes, of course.

colorText = {...}
\markup{
\colorText #'"red" red
\colorText #'"blue" blue
\colorText #'"green" green
}

... we can use \override inside \markup, right? And custom variables? Or maybe they need extra spaces? anyway, you can figure that out yourself.
Thank you, I will have a look. Thought about these boxes, but well, it can be also other objects...

I suppose the \markup should have some columns or lines or whatnot.
I will see that.

Greetings
Till