Re: Does anybody use x11-color ?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Does anybody use x11-color ?
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 17:30:03 -0800

Till Rettig wrote:

Graham Percival schrieb:

Of course this is possible! Please add a snippet to LSR... although I'd recommend only doing this for color, not x11-color.

Ok, I was thinking just about enhancing the table from the color names to show also the colors. I have an example here done with Latex.

Please add a snippet to LSR.

Or do I need to think how to do this thing in lilypond?

colorNote = #(define-music-function (parser location color) (string?)
  #{
    \once \override Stem #'color = #(x11-color $color)
    \once \override NoteHead #'color = #(x11-color $color)
  #})

(or a similar example for normal colors)

\relative c' {
  \colorNote #"red" c4
  \colorNote #"blue" c4
}

...etc...

Or you could just search the mailist archives for Trevor Baca's .ly file that did this all already.