Re: Table of contents broken?

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Table of contents broken?
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 11:58:43 +0100

Le 8 déc. 07 à 23:41, Reinhold Kainhofer a écrit :

I'm trying to use \table-of-contents in a large mass (a full score with 17
instruments/voices and 7 pieces). Now, I have several problems:

-) All items added with \tocItem appear in the same line (i.e. printed one
above the other)

There's a regression indeed. It seems that it was OK in 2.11.35, but not
anymore in 2.11.36.

-) How do I make the TOC not appear at the very bottom of the page (I'm using
\pageBreak immediately after \table-of-contents)?

You can add a \markup \null line just before the page break following the toc. Or consider setting page-limit-inter-system-space, see 5.5.2 Vertical
spacing between systems:
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Vertical-spacing-between-systems >

-) Is there a possibility to automatically add the piece name for each score to the TOC? I don't really want to add explicit \tocItem commands to all the 17*7=119 music definitions... In particular, since then each piece will show
up multiple times in the TOC in the full score.

I'm using commands which
  a) add a toc item to the table of contents
  b) add a title with possibly a page break before and always a no page
  break after it
  c) insert the score itself

If you're interested, you may have a look at:
  <http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/lully/lwv71.tar.gz>
where such commands are defined in lwv71/titling.ily
the framework being in common/include-commands.ily
and common/titling-commands.ily.

-) The "Title of contents" header is hardcoded, so every non-english speaker will have to override the tocTitleMarkup command. Wouldn't it be better to define the string via \header { tocTitle = "Table of contents" } and use this
string in the tocTitleMarkup?

I don't understand. Right now you have to write:
  \paper { tocTitleMarkup = ... }
and you'd like to write instead:
  \header { tocTitle = ... }

Where's the win?