Re: replacing mftrace with mf2pt1

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: replacing mftrace with mf2pt1
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:56:08 +0100 (CET)

> >       ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/tex/support/mf2pt1
>
> Is this distributed in a sane way somewhere?  That is, a tarball
> with version numbers and install script?

No.  On CTAN, everything is found unpacked normally.  We could add
mf2pt1.pl and mf2pt1.mp to GNU lilypond to avoid another dependency.
Both files use the LaTeX Project Public License (LPPL) which is
compatible with GPL.

> Are there requirements wrt fontforge versions?  We're building with
> 20060501 right now, mostly because the QA of fontforge is somewhat
> erratic at times.

Well, I've reported a bunch of bugs w.r.t. removal of intersections to
George -- I tried hard to improve the outlines to reduce critical
cases as much as possible, but I'm not sure whether 20060501 really
works as expected.  Currently, I'm running 20071105 which seems to be
quite reliable.

Looking into fontforge's changelog (this is, doing a `cvs log
stamp.c') I see that the last spline intersection bug fixes are
apparently from 20070427, and from 20070528 for rounding PS
coordinates.

     Werner