Fw: correct octave

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Fw: correct octave
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 01:58:45 +0100 (CET)

[Hai-Peng, I take the liberty to forward your mail to the developer's
 list since you've identified a weakness in the documentation.]

Indeed, the image in subsection `articulations and ornamentations'
lacks descriptions for the articulations, which should be added --
until now noone has thought of this particular problem, so it's a good
thing if you report all such issues to the list because a big rewrite
of the documentation is done currently.

Here's the table; on the left side the short syntax, on the right side
the syntax form using articulation names.

   c-.   c\staccato
   c--   c\tenuto
   c-+   c\stopped (indicating either a muted horn or a pizzicato with
                    the left hand)
   c-|   c\staccatissimo
   c->   c\accent
   c-^   c\marcato
   c-_   c\portato (consisting of a tenuto line over a staccato dot)

     Werner

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re:Re: correct octave Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 07:33:54 +0800 (CST) Thank you very much! I'm learning now, but I find the diagram of articulations and ornaments is a picture, and I can't get any info from it. Could you please tell me the details (e.g., c-. = staccato)? Sorry for troubling you so much!

Haipeng

在2007-12-31,"Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden> 写道:
>&gt; and happy new year to you!
>
>新年快樂!