Re: syntax colored lilypond code in docs?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: syntax colored lilypond code in docs?
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 21:12:49 -0800

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:29:22 +0100
Wilbert Berendsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> I create the syntax colored Lilycode HTML with Kate (KDE's editor).
> But while busy I thought it would be nice to have (not too intrusive)
> colored HTML in the Lilypond.org documentation.

This could be done, but I don't think it's worth the effort.

GNU source-highlight  can produce .texinfo code with the standard
texinfo formatting.  For example:

-----
MarQTwindow::@b{MarQTwindow}(string fileName)
@{
@i{// typical Qt front-end}
       QPushButton *quit = @b{new}
@b{QPushButton}(@b{tr}(@t{"Quit"}));
       @b{connect}(quit, @b{SIGNAL}(@b{clicked}()), qApp,
@b{SLOT}(@b{quit}()));
-----

It can produce different output for different output formats, so
it could produce colored HTML.  However, I think the .js solution
would be easier than this... and I still wish that more people --
especially more *knowledgeable* people -- were helping GDP.