Re: \times -> \tuplet (was Re: Issue 566 in lilypond: showStaffSwitch ->

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: \times -> \tuplet (was Re: Issue 566 in lilypond: showStaffSwitch -> \staffSwitchOn)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:58:49 +0100

2008/1/28, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> ... hmm, I admit that it's annoying that your right hand needs to
> hit the \ and then m keys; \tuplet has the advantage of using the
> left hand for the t...

Definitely.

A year ago, I proposed to use the simple, minimalistic \t keyword that
is both short and easy to type, plus is can mean aither "times",
"tuplet" or whatever. This is actually what I've been using since
then, and I have to say I'm very happy with it.

Maybe we should just explain as a commonprop how to easily create an
alias for the \times keyword, so that the users can be free to choose
whatever they want.

Cheers,
Valentin