Re: \times -> \tuplet

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: \times -> \tuplet
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 14:51:05 -0800

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:31:53 +0100 (CET)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Would this aliasing include a convert-ly rule, or not?  That's
> > going to be impossible to resolve.
>
> I favour a convert-ly rule.  Why not?

If we "officially" allow the old \times command as an alias, then
people who want to keep on using the \times rule will be pissed
when convert-ly automatically changes their 500 .ly files.

OTOH, those people are probably more technically inclined than
those who will move to the new \tuplet command, so they can write
their own python script to change all the new \tuplet back into
\times.  We could even add that script to LSR... I just know that
we'll have people who don't know how to use the command line
complaining about this.

Bottom line: we can't please everybody with this.  All we can do
is choose who, and how much, to annoy.