Re: Suggestion: \breathe should include a \noBeam default option

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Suggestion: \breathe should include a \noBeam default option
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 17:55:35 +0100

2008/3/5, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:
> Your attempt can be simplified, see below. However, after having tried it
>  on a simple example, I'm no longer so convinced that it's a good idea, since
>  you typically might want the notes before the breath to be beamed together,
>  whereas the (equivalent of ) \noBeam removes the beam completely.

Yes, quite annoying indeed.

I guess this is not possible the way LilyPond is currently made, since
the only way seems to be to use BeamForbidEvent. Maybe one way would
be to recode the whole Auto_beam_engraver to create such things as
BeamStartEvent and BeamEndEvent... but that's simply not gonna happen
:)

>  This means that you still will have to manually specify the start and
>  end of the beam.

Yes. So long for implementing this in the sources; nevertheless I'll
add it to the LSR anyway... unless you have another idea how LilyPond
could do that in a smarter way?

Cheers,
Valentin