Re: Doc of 'style ?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Doc of 'style ?
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 13:03:41 +0100

Valentin Villenave wrote:
An additional question: are the spanner styles documented anywhere?

When I tried to answer Haipeng on -user, I browsed the Internals
Reference but couldn't find anything else than:

style (symbol):
    'line

    This setting determines in what style a grob is typeset. Valid
choices depend on the stencil callback reading this property.
Yes, so the next step in you search for the answer should be to check what
the value of stencil is for this particular grob. For example, for a TextSpanner, the value is ly:line-spanner::print. Therefore, click on the line-spanner-interface,
where you will find the answer to your question.

The documentation of the style property should perhaps be extended by
something like
"... reading this property, see the documentation of the interface that
seems most related to the current setting of the stencil property."

 I can't wait to see how a "bezier-sandwich" looks like! :)
That's the stencil type used for slurs, so you have already seen lots of them.

   /Mats