Re: makelsr.py and two % begin verbatim lines

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: makelsr.py and two % begin verbatim lines
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:51:33 -0700

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:58:19 +0100
John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le samedi 08 mars 2008 __ 23:35 -0800, Graham Percival a __crit :
> > Hi John,
> >
> > Could you check makelsr.py and jazz-combo-template.ly ?  It adds
> > an extra % begin verbatim  at the end of the file.  I fixed it
> > manually, but the next time we do an LSR update it'll be broken
> > again.
>
> Fixed.  IMHO after this fix some snippets should be cleaned up for
> better verbatim concision: moving \version to top of the file so it's
> not printed in verbatim block, removing tagline="" stuff, and so on...

Well, *no* snippet should include \version.  If any do, it's
Valentin's fault.  If they don't but the export function adds two,
then it's your or Sebatian's fault.  :)

I agree that the snippets should be cleaned up, though.  Valentin,
since I'm trying to avoid writing my thesis at the moment, here's
what I find by a quick glance through the Editorial snippet list
on the GPD page:
- blanking...: extra \paper{} section.  Also, not a complete bar.
- changing an individual notes...: grammar mistake in the snippet
  name.  Also, it has a \header{}.  Also, it doesn't need that
silly \Notes thing.
- changing the appearance...: kill the \layout, and remove the
  \score.
- changing the default...: not a complete bar
- clefs...: why is this in editorial?
- formatting lyrics...: I really like this snippet.  :)  it
  shouldn't be in Editorial, though.
- inserting...: not editorial.
- rhythmic...: not editorial.
- three-sided...: change durs to 2 2 to get a full bar.

ok, I admit that only three of these were really ugly (the extra
\header{} and \paper/\layout).  Anyway, once you've fixed these,
please look through the other Snippet lists for similar problems.

Cheers