Re: makelsr.py and two % begin verbatim lines

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: makelsr.py and two % begin verbatim lines
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:12:03 +0100

2008/3/11, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

>  I agree that the snippets should be cleaned up, though.  Valentin,
>  since I'm trying to avoid writing my thesis at the moment, here's
>  what I find by a quick glance through the Editorial snippet list
>  on the GPD page:

I had absolutely *no* idea that snippets should not contain a
ragged-right definition. It is very annoying, as the LSR doesn't add
it by itself, and some snippets really require this.

>  - blanking...: extra \paper{} section.  Also, not a complete bar.
>  - changing an individual notes...: grammar mistake in the snippet
>   name.  Also, it has a \header{}.  Also, it doesn't need that
>  silly \Notes thing.

Agreed. I can't say the grammar mistake was obvious to me.

>  - clefs...: why is this in editorial?

Don't know what I was thinking :)

>  - formatting lyrics...: I really like this snippet.  :)  it
>   shouldn't be in Editorial, though.
>  - inserting...: not editorial.
>  - rhythmic...: not editorial.

It's gonna be a major problem.

Admittedly, these snippets do not *document* the Editorial thing;
however they might very well be useful for people looking for anything
that could help them in an editorial project.

My main point in suggesting the tag system was to make *browsing* and
searching the LSR easier for users, the doc integration came later:
therefore, there are several snippets that are tagged as Editorial as
tag #3 or #4 (i.e. their main topic is not Editorial-related, but they
happen to deal with Editorial-related stuff); they all appear in the
Editorial snippet list, where they do not belong, but I hate to remove
the Editorial tag just because of that (I'd rather remove "docs"
instead).

Cheers,
Valentin