Re: makelsr.py and two % begin verbatim lines

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: makelsr.py and two % begin verbatim lines
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 05:33:57 -0700

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:12:03 +0100
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/3/11, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>
> >  I agree that the snippets should be cleaned up, though.  Valentin,
> >  since I'm trying to avoid writing my thesis at the moment, here's
> >  what I find by a quick glance through the Editorial snippet list
> >  on the GPD page:
>
> I had absolutely *no* idea that snippets should not contain a
> ragged-right definition. It is very annoying, as the LSR doesn't add
> it by itself, and some snippets really require this.

Huh, you're right.  Even when it comes to the snippet list in the
docs, ragged-right isn't added by default.

Hmm, this is annoying.  I'm a big fan of consistency, but it's not
worth adding \layout{ragged-right=##t} to every snippet.  I don't
have any particular ideas about this at the moment.

> >  - formatting lyrics...: I really like this snippet.  :)  it
> >   shouldn't be in Editorial, though.

On second thought, I could accept this in editorial, since it uses
colors.

> >  - inserting...: not editorial.

Oh, warning: the %verbatim is all messed up here, probably due to
the header.  Take a look at this.

... besides, this snippet is *not* from the cello suites.  What
happened here?

> It's gonna be a major problem.
>
> Admittedly, these snippets do not *document* the Editorial thing;
> however they might very well be useful for people looking for anything
> that could help them in an editorial project.

NR 1.7 is not "anything editorial".  NR 1.7 is the section that
contains the left-over stuff that didn't fit into anything else.
I've asked for other names multiple times, but so far nobody has
suggested anything else.

For example, we don't include phrasing slurs in 1.7, even though
that's clearly an editorial-related thing.

> My main point in suggesting the tag system was to make *browsing* and
> searching the LSR easier for users, the doc integration came later:
> therefore, there are several snippets that are tagged as Editorial as
> tag #3 or #4 (i.e. their main topic is not Editorial-related, but they
> happen to deal with Editorial-related stuff); they all appear in the
> Editorial snippet list, where they do not belong, but I hate to remove
> the Editorial tag just because of that (I'd rather remove "docs"
> instead).

Other than the dual meanings of "editorial", I don't think there's
a conflict.  Although I'm really curious as to how you think
rhythmic-slashes.ly is editorial-related, with either meaning of
the term.