Re: adding IR links

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: adding IR links
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 18:26:31 -0700

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 15:35:35 +0200
John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote:
> > Add a dedicated "documentation" mode for convert-ly.  This would
> > automatically do things like --from --to.  And more importantly,
> > it would look for
> > @internalsref{\foo}
> > @code{\foo}
>
> All this is bloody ;-) complicated.  As I already wrote in my other
> reply in this thread, convert-ly greedily replaces all regexps
> matches; for example convert-ly updated command names in the running
> text in commit 4b7ee2775e308ded9f12976cb3ccd2c184d8aadd.

Huh.  I thought it only looked at material inside
@lilypond
... oh well.

> The actual issue is whether we want to add a convert-ly rule for each
> grob or internal property rename, e.g.
> text-balloon-interface->balloon-interface.  Not all changes in
> property names can be processed by convert-ly, but certainly more
> could be handled.

Theoretically we should always add a rule, even if it's just a
"cannot process automatically" rule.  Practially, I'm not going to
claim that it's always worth it -- especially since I'm not
volunteering to do it myself.

I'm content to drop this issue; a large part of the doc rewriting
is aimed at making them easier to maintain.  The difference
between spending 30 minutes a month and 5 minutes a month updating
docs isn't all that important.