Re: adding IR links

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: adding IR links
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 08:23:28 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:
> Theoretically we should always add a rule, even if it's just a
> "cannot process automatically" rule.  Practially, I'm not going to
> claim that it's always worth it -- especially since I'm not
> volunteering to do it myself.

I may try to catch such changes and add convert rules, but as I'm not
experienced with Lily internals and I don't have so much time that won't
be easy.  I think it's not worth adding convert rules for such old
(nearly 2 years) property renames, there are more urgent things to do --
please correct me if I'm wrong.

> I'm content to drop this issue; a large part of the doc rewriting
> is aimed at making them easier to maintain.  The difference
> between spending 30 minutes a month and 5 minutes a month updating
> docs isn't all that important.

Of course, but you were right to raise this issue, as adding more
convert-rules could also save time for all users who have to update
their scores...

Cheers,
John