Re: updating snippets in git

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: updating snippets in git
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:52:15 +0200

2008/4/3 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>  3. Run makelsr.

I get a bunch of errors such as

Error : syntax error, unexpected STRING, expecting '='
  doctitle = "
              Tweaking clef properties"

When looking at the snippets, I notice that there's always an extra
double quote character before doctitle. WTF?

>  4. Check the changes in unsafe snippets CAREFULLY.

I don't know how to to that. When I try a git-diff, I get almost 4000
lines of diff, which include more or less the whole snippets text
pasted verbatim. (???)

>  6. Go to Documentation/user/ and run "make web" (or the
>  instructions in advanced-tech.txt).  If there's any snippets not
>  found, edit the .itely file in question to point to the
>  newly-renamed snippet.

I get the same errors as above (on almost every snippet).

>  7. Upload the changes.

as a commit? Must I do a git-add input/lsr/*ly prior to committing?

>  The snippet tarball is updated once a day.  Feel free to run
>  makelsr anywhere from each day to once a week.

I'd love to, as soon as I've figured out what's going wrong...

In addition to that, can someone explain me exactly what are exactly
the different files and repertories in input/?
I know what
input/regressions,
input/manual and
input/lsr are supposed to do,

but other than that I can't tell what
input/new,
input/texidocs,
input/mutopia or even the
input/*.ly files are for -- are some of these files deprecated?

Cheers,
Valentin