Re: updating snippets in git

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: updating snippets in git
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:26:58 -0700

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:52:15 +0200
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/4/3 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> >  4. Check the changes in unsafe snippets CAREFULLY.
>
> I don't know how to to that. When I try a git-diff, I get almost 4000
> lines of diff, which include more or less the whole snippets text
> pasted verbatim. (???)

The final message of makelsr.py tells you how to do this.  When
the tarball isn't broken, you should only have about 40-400 lines
of diff.  Depending on how often you do this.

> >  7. Upload the changes.
>
> as a commit? Must I do a git-add input/lsr/*ly prior to committing?

The final message of makelsr.py tells you how to do this.

> In addition to that, can someone explain me exactly what are exactly
> the different files and repertories in input/?

> but other than that I can't tell what
> input/new,

*sigh*
You really haven't paid attention to past discussion about
snippets on this list, have you?  :(
Please search the list archives.  I'll clarify anything that isn't
clear once you've looked at the previous discussions.

> input/texidocs,

Based on previous discusion on this list, I'd guess that this is
the beginning of John's translations for snippets.

> input/mutopia or even the

I'm sure you've heard of Mutopia before.  Also, take a look at the
dates on the files.

> input/*.ly files are for -- are some of these files deprecated?

Those are the examples.  You know, if you click on "examples" in
on the doc page?

The latter two directories could use some restructuring, but that
will wait until later in GDP.