subsubsubheadings (was: texi2html & Learning Manual)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: subsubsubheadings (was: texi2html & Learning Manual)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:59:06 -0700

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:26:14 +0100
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham, you wrote

> > You shouldn't be using headings and @itemize.  Pick one or the
> > other... in this case, I'd probably go with headings and no
> > @itemize.
>
> OK.  I've lost the @itemize.  This was an experiment late last year,
> I remember now, because you didn't like the headings being the same
> size as the subsection.  I tried a variety of ways and this one must
> have been left.

Oh yeah, I remember now.  OK guys, here's the problem: we've run
out of headings.  Texinfo supports
@heading   - used for sections
@subheading  - used for subsections
@subsubheading  - used for subsubsections

We need one more.  In NR 1+2, we need it for the portions of each
doc page: predefined, snippets, seealso, knownissues.

In the LM, we could use some headings to divide the pages, such as
4.1.4 Tweaking methods
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Tweaking-methods.html

In HTML, it looks iffy when the inside-page headings are as big as
the subsubsection headings, but it isn't absolutely terrible.  In
PDF, it looks much worse.

Any suggestions?  For HTML, we could use some CSS.  For PDF (and
info), I'm not certain what to do.