Re: removing @lsr{} and only using @lsrdir{}

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: removing @lsr{} and only using @lsrdir{}
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:17:21 +0200

> b) we *want* users to skim through the snippet list.  LilyPond can
> do things that most people never think of -- even I get surprised
> from time to time when I see neat snippets.  (IIRC the last time
> was about a month ago)

Sorry, this argument does not fly.  You could equally well remove all
cross references, tables of contents and indices with that argument.

The idea of a cross reference is to get me where I want directly.  If it
is in the vicinity of interesting material, nice (hopefully everything
is interesting).  But "it is good for you to wade through unrelated,
closely situated material" is nothing that I buy.  If I want to, I'll
wade through, one time or other.  But that should stay the reader's
choice.

Also in the printed edition, this is likely to point to a page.
Pointing to a page where the referenced material is not actually to be
found is bad style.