Re: removing @lsr{} and only using @lsrdir{}

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: removing @lsr{} and only using @lsrdir{}
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:29:54 +0200

2008/4/24 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

>  The idea of a cross reference is to get me where I want directly.  If it
>  is in the vicinity of interesting material, nice (hopefully everything
>  is interesting).  But "it is good for you to wade through unrelated,
>  closely situated material" is nothing that I buy.  If I want to, I'll
>  wade through, one time or other.  But that should stay the reader's
>  choice.

Hi David,

I'm afraid you misunderstood Graham here (as I did earlier). Snippets
pages are absolutely NOT unrelated. Perhaps you know that LSR snippets
are now tagged by theme, *but* also according to their relevance as
documentation resources.

In other words, on the "Pitches" snippets page, you will find *only*
snippets that have been

-tagged as "Pitches": i;e. they deal with a subject that is related to
pitches definition and/or modification
-but *also* tagged as "docs": that means these snippets have been
considered interesting for the docs.

Besides, as Graham pointed out, in the Notation Reference sections, we
have the ability (and we do use it a lot) to quote specific snippets
if these are really important.

Cheers,
Valentin