Re: Build requires t1asm

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: Build requires t1asm
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:44:18 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > > Let's do this if there is no objection.
> >
> > I oppose to this idea.
>
> Why?

FWIW I also like the idea of having less dependencies, but not at the
price of being unable to hack the source.  Even if that is the source to a
font.

Oh, and when I installed Lily yesterday, metapost was not correctly
checked for.

> > I would rather completely stop distributing tarballs. Git clone is a
> > more efficient way of distributing source code.
>
> Nice idea.

Heh.  We have the whole _binary_ setup to build msysGit in a Git
repository, with git.git as a submodule.

However, I recommend against having the generated fonts as a submodule in
LilyPond; rather make an independent branch (a la 'html' in git.git).

Ciao,
Dscho