Re: LSR page with texi2html

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: LSR page with texi2html
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:51:45 +0200

Am Montag, 21. Juli 2008 schrieb John Mandereau:
> On 2008/07/21 19:25 +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> > As you can clearly see, this is less than suboptimal. In particular:
> > -) each snippet goes into its own page (since we have only unnumbered
> > sections/chapters, there is no page to put them all together!)
>
> Duh! I had fixed that, but Graham who wasn't aware of this issue changed
> back to @unnumbered.  I could change it again, but why not calling
> texi2html with --split=chapter instead?

Because the global rule is used, which uses --split=section ;-)
Also, in that case, element_file_name will not be called for the subsections,
so I'm unable to change the anchor (the $element->{'id'} field) for those
entries. I don't think that it would create any problems in this case, as
external links to individual snippets are not an issue.

> Note that I'm still unaware of the code in texi2html and your init
> script, I plan to read both with care, but this is going to take some
> time.

The init script is quite well-documented, so it should be easy for you to
understand what each function is doing.

> > -) In the TOC on the left (where by default the first two levels are
> > autmoatically expanded) don't show unnumbered sections except for the
> > current entry (and its parents/children). I.e. if you are in
> > Pitches.html, show only 1. Pitches
> >       Adding ambitus per voice
> >       [...]
> >       Creating a sequence of notes on
> >   2. Rhythms
> >   3. Expressive marks
> >   4. Repeats
> >   5. Simultaneous notes
> >   6. Staff notation
> >   7. Editorial annotations
> >   8. Text
> > [...]
>
> I first thought it would be simpler to show only tag titles in the TOC,
> but what you propose would be very cool.

Already implemented in the init file in dev/texi2html ;-)

Cheers,
Reinhold

- --