Re: LM 1.2 About the docs

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: LM 1.2 About the docs
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 22:43:15 +0200

On 2008/07/21 00:37 -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > We'll have to find something - the section is certainly
> > not Input syntax!

> Well, it /was/ called "non-musical notation" before we started
> GDP.  I'm not saying that we can't go back to it, though.

I'd rather not go back to it.

> I'd say either "General notation" or "Non-musical notation",
> leaning slightly towards the former.  Anybody else have thoughts
> on this?

What about "General input and output"?

If it's too difficult to find a good name for this chapter, I suggest to
split it into 2 chapters:

Input format
  * Input structure
  * Titles and headers
  * Working with input files

Output features
  * Controlling output
  * MIDI output

These chapter titles are probably still not optimal though.

Cheers,
John