Re: post-GDP doc team

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: post-GDP doc team
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:27:36 -0700

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 19:56:30 -0600
"Carl D. Sorensen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 7/27/08 2:40 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > You guys are now on your own.  Stop sending me email.  :)
>
> OK -- here's my first email to everybody else, even though the
> question is primarily aimed at Graham.
>
> Once I push changes to chords.itely, what triggers a new GDP build?

Me logging into kainhofer.com and running:
updatedocs.sh &> doclog.txt

I generally do this once a day.  I don't mind continuing this for
the next three weeks.  After that... well, it's up to you guys and
Reinhold.  Since you can all build the docs on your own,
maintaining an independant GDP server isn't so important.
lilypond.org is updated whenever there's a new unstable release;
approximately every 2-3 weeks.

> > Well, the fact is that most users don't seem
> > interested in helping with the docs, even to the extent of reading
> > them.  :|
>
> For me, the problem is that I've been working on trying to get
> my sections (and assigned reviews) done, so I haven't felt much
> like spending time on other people's finished docs.  My assumption
> has been that the doc writers' work has been getting internal
> review, largely through Graham, and that the external review should
> come mostly from experienced users, rather than doc writers.

... yeah.  That would be nice.  :(

> Chords is ready as soon as the GDP is rebuilt.  I just pushed a patch
> on master.  When I get an answer from you about the rebuilding, I'll
> announce it for review on -user.

I triggered a rebuild an hour ago or so.  Please check one or two
pages just to make sure it completed ok, then go ahead.