Transposable guitar fret diagrams

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Transposable guitar fret diagrams
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:28:38 -0600

Han-Wen,

I have developed a means for making guitar fret diagrams fully transposable
in the FretBoards context.

I've entered diagrams for 7 chords for each key (major, minor, augmented,
diminished, dominant7, major7, and minor7.

I've developed a user-accessible method for entering diagrams, so users can
enter whichever diagrams they want.  And they can have multiple diagrams for
the same chord, by using different octaves in the input.

I've attached an input file and the output pdf that shows how the system
works.

I'd like to show a diff, but I'm not sure exactly how to get it.

I have done the development work in a fretboards branch on my local machine.
I have a current git repository in a master branch on my local machine.
I have a remote repository origin which tracks the savannah git repo.

I think I would like to pull from origin to fretboards, then do a git diff
between fretboards and master.  I believe the resulting diff would show the
differences made to allow the use of default diagrams for the FretBoards
context.

I have two questions:

1) Can you (or Johannes) help me with the git commands necessary to develop
a diff for approval?

2) Can we try to get this in before we release 2.12, or do we need to wait
and put it in 2.13?

Thanks,

Carl