Re: Suggestion: tempo ranges

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Suggestion: tempo ranges
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 00:50:55 -0300

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 12:27 AM, John Zaitseff <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I´m not saying it´s too difficult; I´m saying I won´t apply your
>> patch :-)
>
> Not trying to be difficult, but given that this idea (of tempo
> ranges) seems to me to be a reasonable one, is there any reason why
> not?  I realise that it is a syntax change; is that reason enough?

I think it is a feature that will only benefit few users, and does not
warrant an extension of the parser. Changing the syntax is problematic
because it may in the future prevent us from doing other changes.

What is the problem with using a music function?

> It seems to me (from a cursory glance at parser.yy) that the changes
> need not be that difficult and/or intrusive.  I just don't want to

It´s just changing a couple of lines, but that may be very intrusive
if it prevents us from doing future extension when want to do them.