Re: shorthand for autoBeam control

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: shorthand for autoBeam control
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:26:29 -0500

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> Please don't change c[ ]!

Do you really mean that you've used, say,

 a b[] c

within your score?  Currently, this is an undocumented feature, so you
are use something from the darker corners of lilypond...

Darker corners, indeed.

:-)

The two snippets attached here come from the commission I just finished up in February ...

In general I'm using the two-sided nibs or stubs to indicate a lone note (ie, preceded and followed by a rest) sitting within a governing beam. (100% of the beaming in my scores like this is manual.)

Maybe a quick mention of c[ ] in the manual could alert other modern(ist) composers of the availability of the feature?

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden