Re: Patch for ja doc and two Questions

From: Sawada , Yoshiki
Subject: Re: Patch for ja doc and two Questions
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 15:55:38 +0000 (UTC)

Hello John,

John Mandereau <john.mandereau <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> > 1. Release of the new patch for ja doc
> >
> OK, I applied your patch, but made further fixes in the source, and made
> comments at the end of this email.

I thank you for your work.

> > 2. About .po file
> >
> The simplest way I can see is to disable translation of variable names
> in Japanese documentation,
> which I just did in lilypond-book and langdefs.  Please check if it works.

It does not work. But I fixed Lilypond-book.py as following:
(line 939)
    if not langdefs.LANGDICT[document_language].enable_ly_identifier_l10n:
       ^^^
I guess the property name "enable_ly_identifier_l10n" should be changed to
"disable_ly_identifier_l10n".
 ^^^
> > 3. About "Building documentation without compiling LilyPond" of
> >    "1.2.4 Building documentation", Application Usage
> >
> "nice" is not needed, that's a Grahamism, but I think it's not a problem
> if it remains there, I'd expect
> people who run this command with no knoweledge of nice comand to do "man
> nice"
> There are other variations of this command (e.g. using -j make flag)...
> it's not possible to list all possibilities
> in the compilation documentation.

I just think commands which are not needed should not be included. They may
cause confusions.

Now, I have another question about LilyPond documents. Thus, I will make a new
thread about them.

> @untranslated in Documentation/ja/user/converters.itely are right, but
> this file shouldn't contain the English translation,
> so I removed it.

I am sure. I have one question about this. Should I include untranslated texinfo
files into patches? For example, I am translating Learning Manual, but do not
start to translate "rhythms.itely" yet. Should I include "rhythms.itely" into
"Documentation/ja/user/" for patches? In fact, I can do "make web" only with
"lilypond.tely", "notation.itely" and "pitches.itely".

> Also, the Japanese texidoc in input/lsr/piano-template-simple.ly is
> missing in input/texidocs,

It is a my fault. I will include it into the next patch.

> and you may want to translate
> snippet titles as well, writing them in doctitleja header fields.

Thank you for your advice. I add doctitleja fields to snippet files.

Thanks,
Sawada, Yoshiki