Re: Building GUB3

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Building GUB3
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:42:52 -0800

Hi Jan,

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:06:28PM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> I finally cooked-up a patch for that, it took a bit more work than
> I imagined.  With latest GUB3 you can do
>
>    LIBRESTRICT=open:stat bin/gub mingw::guile  # or mingw::lilypond
>
> This will disallow libtool to read from or stat in /, so this should
> (from target/mingw/log/build.log) give us a clue why libtool reads
> from /usr/lib on your machine.
>
> Oh, this will trigger a full rebuild ;-)

I decided to start completely from scratch with `make lilypond' to see
if I could reproduce the current libtool issue, but I ran into some
other problems.  I will revisit this issue soon.

The problem I am having is that fontconfig, ghostscript, guile, and
lilypond are not downloaded!  Directories such as
downloads/fontconfig, downloads/lilypond, etc. are not even created at
the start of the build process.

This is resulting is all sorts of ugly errors like the following:

    /bin/sh: line 0: cd: /home/pnorcks/git/gub/downloads/lilypond: No such file
or directory
    read_pipe failed: cd /home/pnorcks/git/gub/downloads/lilypond && git show
git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git/master:VERSION

Thanks,
Patrick