Re: Building GUB3

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Building GUB3
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 19:13:37 -0800

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:06:28PM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> On wo, 2009-02-11 at 20:48 -0800, Patrick McCarty wrote:
>
> > Okay, now it halts at mingw::guile.  Everything is fine up until then.
> > Here is the tail end of build.log.
>
> so the question is: why is your libintl (and other libs) not found
> by libtool.  Do you have
>
>     target/mingw/root/usr/lib/libintl.la
>     target/mingw/root/usr/bin/libintl-8.dll
>
> and does the libintl.la make sense?  It is annoying that libtool mentions
> checking /usr/lib/libgmp.so; it should not be looking there.

Those files exist, and libintl.la looks correct.  It is not executable
(755) like all of the other .la files I see, but this does not seem to
make a difference; compilation still fails.

> You could look if you can make any sense of running the libtool link
> command with -x
>
>    /bin/sh -x ../libtool ....

I cannot figure out how to do this.  Is there an easy way to do this
with GUB?

> IWBN if GUB were to disallow libtool to read from /usr.
> [..]
> I finally cooked-up a patch for that, it took a bit more work than
> I imagined.  With latest GUB3 you can do
>
>    LIBRESTRICT=open:stat bin/gub mingw::guile  # or mingw::lilypond

Starting fresh, this halts at tools::tar.  Attached are relevant
sections of build.log and config.log.

Thanks,
Patrick