Re: CM 1.1 git question

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: CM 1.1 git question
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:06:51 -0600

Trevor Daniels wrote:

Jonathan Kulp wrote Friday, February 20, 2009 2:58 PM

You have removed all the whitespace, but the lines still
have Windows line terminations (CR-LF).  I fixed that, but
I'm afraid it still doesn't apply.  I honestly don't
know whether the problem is at my end or yours.  Maybe
someone else could try it.  Or you could reset your repo
and try it yourself.

I must have forgotten a step before committing. I checked and did "git add" again, then the git patch command, this time using "origin/master" instead of just "origin" and the new patch has all the quotation stuff in it. The line endings are unix and they were in the file I sent you, but they got messed up somehow in the mailing process. I'll send the patch separately from my web-based interface, which seems to solve the problem of preserving line endings.

There are a couple of peculiarities with the file.

The Subject: field says you fixed numerous @q{}
and @qq{} errors, but nothing like this appears in
the body of the patch.

Yes that was my mistake. Sorry :)

I'm out of ideas at the moment.  I need to do a bit
more research on patch formatting to understand
what is going on.  I'll look again tomorrow.

Trevor

OK.  Sending patch in different message with a new subject line...

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com