Re: CM 1.1 git question

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: CM 1.1 git question
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 08:09:21 -0600

Trevor Daniels wrote:

More seriously, the patch doesn't apply here because
your line numbering seems to be 1 off from the line
numbers I have in git-starting.itexi.  I have no idea
why that should be.  I believe my git repo is fully
synch'ed with origin/master, and according to your
description of the method you used to create the patch
yours should be too.  The line you are changing is
numbered 229, not 230, in my copy.

Weird.  I do this command to sync up:

git pull origin

Is this right? I surmise that this pulls down more code than strictly necessary for working on docs, but I don't mind having the extra code. Maybe I should delete the whole directory and do a fresh clone.

Have another go, and this time mail me as well the full
committish of the repo immediately after you merge
in origin/master and before you make the change.  Then

I'm sorry but I don't understand how to do this part.

I have the exact point in the repo where the change
was made.  You can get the committish with the command
git log -n1

Here's the output of git log -n1:

commit b0796ff1c05ab4369275ef336e1581a77538add4