Re: starting 2.13 soon

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: starting 2.13 soon
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:43:01 -0000

Graham Percival wrote Monday, February 23, 2009 1:52 PM

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 06:59:44PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
Hi guys,
Trevor Daniels a écrit :
I'd go along with going straight to 2.13 too.  AFAIK there are
no serious outstanding issues with 2.12.2 that must be fixed,
and I feel a little uncomfortable with some of the doc changes
which will appear in the next release. I'd rather they went into 2.13.
There should be a 2.12.3 for Japanese translation, but this doesn't
prevent us to
start 2.13 on master branch right now: we else can branch out from master a branch named stable/2.12 and use it to release 2.12.3 as soon as GUB
is ready for this.

Ok, I've just modified the VERSION file with a great fanfare.  And
by "great fanfare" I mean sitting in my room in my underwear,
listening to a BBC radio documentary about torturers.
... yeah, sometimes even *I* can't make up stories weirder than
real life.

Trevor, I'm not certain exactly which doc changes make you
uncomfortable, but could you let John know about them?  If they're
really bad, then maybe he could revert those patches in the
stable/2.12 branch.

No, it's OK.  Just a mild preference.  Not worth any trouble.
I'd added a new section or two which caused a renumbering.
It's not really a problem.

Trevor