Re: Improve implementation of dashed slurs

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Improve implementation of dashed slurs
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 18:17:45 -0700 (PDT)

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

> On 4/17/09 1:34 PM, "address@hidden" wrote:
> > http://codereview.appspot.com/41099/diff/1021/58
> > File lily/arpeggio.cc (right):
> >
> > http://codereview.appspot.com/41099/diff/1021/58#newcode168
> > Line 168: Stencil mol (Lookup::slur (curve, lt, lt, SCM_UNDEFINED));
> > add dash ability too?
>
> I thought about that.  If we add it, I think it's the only arpeggio
> indicator that can be dashed.  I'm willing to add it if it's deemed
> necessary, but it seemed to me that it would be best to leave it alone right
> now.

An example of a useful dashed bezier-sandwich arpeggio
would be when indicating arpeggios presumed to have been
accidentally omitted from a manuscript, within an urtext
edition. I think it would even be preferable to the
alternative of enclosing a solid bezier-sandwich arpeggio
within a bracket or (ha ha) parentheses. I could easily
see someone eventually asking for it.

- Mark