Re: Regression test information

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Regression test information
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:50:36 -0700

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 07:09:19AM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 7/17/09 12:57 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > My concern is that the entire "compiling" is slated to move to the
> > CG, so it would make sense to do this at once.  That said, we
> > might split up the user- and packager-oriented parts of compiling
> > from the developer-oriented parts.
>
> I think that the regression testing section doesn't make sense as part of
> compiling.  I have never considered running the regression tests to see if
> compiling has succeeded.  Once documentation is built, I'm satisfied that
> LilyPond is installed properly.
>
> Regression tests are used for testing changes to LilyPond, so separating
> this section out makes sense to me.
>
> OK, so now I have a new proposal:
>
> 1)  Move AU 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4 to CG 2.1
> 2)  Move AU 1.2.5 to CG 7
> 3)  Drop AU 1.1 -- it's on the Install page
> 4)  Move 1.2.6 to CG 2.1

Yes, that looks right.

> 5)  For now, have AU 1 just add a reference to CG.  (But CG 3.3.6 makes no
> mention of a macro to reference to CG.  Do we have one?  If we don't, it
> will just be ordinary text.)

Ah, I see.  I remember there being some issues when Jonathan added
an @include to the CG, but there wouldn't be any problems if we
just make it a link (especially with ordinary text).

Ok, go ahead.  This doesn't depend on having an essay or the like,
so there's no point waiting like the other doc rearrangements.