Re: Feature request: 'line' articulation

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: Feature request: 'line' articulation
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:33:56 +0200

Attached are two samples for long and short strokes with varying
width. The long strokes have height = staff_space, the shorter ones
height = 0.8*staff_space (is that a reasonable choice?). Each file
contains strokes of each type with ten different widths, namely
i*0.05*staff_space, for i=1,..,10. Which do you prefer? I tend to lean
towards #4 for the shorter ones and #4 or #5 for the longer ones, but
that's just my personal aesthetics.
Me too, #4 or #5. But I think the long stroke could be longer, maybe 1.2*staff_space or so? (btw., I think that personal aesthetics is the only criteria you can base this decision eventually, because in 17th/18th century music nearly every score looks different...)

Regards,
Michael