Re: tabs vs. spaces in source code

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: tabs vs. spaces in source code
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:12:11 +0200

Those two copyPasteable lines do work.

2009/7/29 Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:
>> If somebody could post command-line copy&paste for:
>>  1) apply texinfo-all-menus-update to a file

$ emacs -batch my-texinfo-file.tely -f texinfo-all-menus-update -f save-buffer

(tested)

or possibly

$ emacs -batch my-texinfo-file.tely -f texinfo-every-node-update -f
texinfo-all-menus-update -f save-buffer

(not tested, not sure what it does in addition)

>>  2) apply emacs code formatting (ideally for either cc files or
>>     scm files)

$ emacs -batch vertically-spaced-context-engraver.cc --eval
'(indent-region (point-min) (point-max) nil)' -f save-buffer

(tested on cc files, seems to leave them as they currently are)
(tested on scm files, follows a slightly different convention, see diff below)

For example:

--- music-functions-original.scm
+++ music-functions.scm

- (make-sequential-music
-  (list
-   (context-spec-music (make-property-set 'skipTypesetting #f)
-    'Score)
-   (make-music 'SkipMusic 'duration
-    (make-duration-of-length moment))
-   (context-spec-music (make-property-set 'skipTypesetting #t)
-    'Score))))

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org