Re: the "separate, but integrated" website proposal

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: the "separate, but integrated" website proposal
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:29:26 +0200

Le mardi 04 août 2009 à 06:58 -0700, Graham Percival a écrit :
> Hmm, I suppose this would screw up the cross-references.

Not at all, cross-references are defined in macros.itexi.

> I guess we'll just expect users
> looking at a pdf tarball to open up "general.pdf" first.

We don't care so much about the name, as long as said PDF is easily
reachable from a HTML documentation central, i.e. Manuals page, I guess.

> More importantly, this screws up the "info lilypond" idea.

We have already foo -> lilypond-foo almost manual renaming for many
manuals, we can have one more renaming.  My concern was about building
docs, not naming Info output.

> ... just a moment.  *why* do we have a lilypond/ info dir being
> created?

Look for INFO_IMAGES_DIR stuff. BTW it's not a directory, it's a
symlink.

>   Isn't that just because notation.tely contains
> @setfilename lilypond.info
> (IIRC)?

No, this is rather because we want images for Info docs to be in a
subdirectory of $(prefix)/share/info.

Cheers,
John