Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:27:51 -0700

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 06:06:01PM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 8/12/09 5:54 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >    convert-ly --from "2.13.3" ...
> > (where 2.13.3 is the previous downloadable version)
> >
> > to the above commands?
>
> That's what the "-f current-devel-release" part of the commands was; I used
> -f instead of --from.

Oh, I didn't realize there was a shortcut.  Ok then.

> > Yes, as far as it goes -- I didn't keep track of the numerous
> > discussions about translated docs.  What happens to those?
>
> The snippets in Documentation/snippets/new take precedence over the snippets
> in Documentation/snippets.  So the translated documents get the new
> snippets.

I was talking about @lilypond stuff, not snippets.  i.e. if
  Documentation/fr/notation/rhythms.itely
contains some old autobeaming stuff requring a NOT_SMART rule,
what happens?  We can't leave it alone, since that would break
compiling.

Yes, we try to keep tweaks in the snippets, for almost precisely
this reason, but -- so far, at least -- we still have some such
material in the main docs.

(I'm vaguely considering if changing this should be a goal of
GLISS and GDP2, but on second thought I think it would introduce
too many headaches when dealing with NR3+ material)