Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:43:39 -0600

On 8/12/09 4:26 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:31:48AM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:
>>
>> Does it cause problems to edit the snippet and move it to
>> Documentation/snippets/new?
>
> Yes, in that it forces somebody to look at it manually, when no
> manual attention is needed.
>
>> I think it would be best to have one procedure that is always followed; if
>> somebody wants to follow the exception, they can.
>
> The procedure is:
> 1)  write convert-ly rule.

> 2)  run convert-ly on the docs (inculding snippets) and regtests.

Docs:
 cd Documentation
find . -name '*.itely' | xargs convert-ly -e -f current-devel-release

Snippets:
  cd Documentation/snippets
find . -name '*.ly' | xargs convert-ly -e -f current-devel-release

Regtests
  cd input/regression
find . -name '*.ly' | xargs convert-ly -e -f current-devel-release

I think the -f argument is necessary so that we don't fail to do the
conversion if somebody has previously run convert-ly.

Also, we need to recognize that the first commit after running convert-ly on
the docs and the snippets will result in changes to every version statement.

Maybe we need to make sure that part of the release of a new development
version is to:

A. Bump VERSION
B. Run convert-ly (there won't be any rules, but it will change all the
version statements, so once convert-ly is run on a new snippet and changes
it, the proper changes will be tracked in git.

Back to update procedure:

3) If convert rule *is* NOT_SMART,
A) Manually copy all snippets resulting in NOT_SMART conversion to
     Documentation/snippets/new
B) Manually update all of these snippets:
    i) Remove "autogenerated" comments
   ii) Remove translated info strings
  iii) Remove "% begin verbatim" comment
   iv) Make syntax conform with new version
    v) Verify that all snippets work properly
C) Run scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py

> 4)  make all; make doc

5) Make test-check

6) If everything is working at this point, push changes

Do you agree, or does this need more changes?

Thanks,

Carl